Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sony Abandons UMD Transfer Program For PSP Go



An SVG replication of a Universal Media Disc (UMD)Image via Wikipedia

I'm not pleased with the news that Sony is not offering a way to transfer UMD games to the new PSP GO. It appears that they are going to just let UMD die. Owning a PSP now means that if I want to keep playing my games I have to keep my PSP in working order because I will not be able to play them on the PSP Go. This bothers me because Sony seems to not have learned much from Nintendo's near disasters back in the 1990's by not having any backwards compatibility. Nintendo, has definitely learned not to do that and I hope Sony will wise up soon. Sony no longer has a monopoly on the market. There are too many other options for video game systems for Sony to not allow customers to have freedom. According to this article, the UK customers are going to be given the option to a few games currently available on UMD.

Unfortunately, I don't want any of these. Hopefully, in the states we'll get this opportunity with better games.

Sony Abandons UMD Transfer Program For PSP Go

Shared via AddThis


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: