Monday, December 7, 2009

I've Been Bitten By...Iron Python.



CPythonImage via Wikipedia
I've been evaluating the merits of using the Iron Python implementation of Python. I've been reading Iron Python In Action and I am convinced that Iron Python mis what I need to concentrate on because:

1. I can very easy use everything I know about the .Net Framework, VB.Net, and C#
2. I can run Iron Python in Visual Studio
3. I can reference ESRI's ArcObjects libraries in  Visual Studio and Iron Python.

So far I have learn through going through Iron Python In Action that i can compile a form as a DLL in Visual Studio and then use the form as an object in Iron Python. This is awesome because it much easier to use Visual Studio rather than using manually using the .Net Framework or using some other Python GUI library, I aslo found out that Python is great a making automated testing tools for software. Even more impr4essive such techniques are available for VB.Net and C#


TestDriven.Net
Typemock
NUnit

Iron Python In Action is probably the best Python book i have ever pickled up because it also explains a lot of not just Python but also about .Net

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: