Saturday, March 31, 2012

WPF: Webcam Control - CodeProject®

Introduction to article by 

I have on several occasions scoured the net for a simple to use WPF webcam control and either my search queries were awful or I just wasn't comfortable with whatever I found. This webcam interest was recently increased when I read an article, here on CodeProject, that referred to an application that made use of a webcam. It was a Silverlight article and the ease with which one could utilize a webcam in Silverlight made me envious of WPF's little brother (or is it sister?). The VideoBrush in Silverlight is especially a nice touch.
It is with this pain and envy in mind that I decided to try my hand at creating a WPF control that could;
  1. Display webcam video with little coding effort
  2. Allow saving of webcam video to harddisk, with little coding effort
  3. Save the webcam video in a variety of video formats


WPF: Webcam Control - CodeProject®

No comments: